Thank you for supporting progressive education for every child at Orca K-8, a Seattle public school located in the Columbia City neighborhood. The Annual Fund is one of the key fundraisers for the Orca K-8 PTSA, running from September 2017 - January 2018. The Annual Fund brings in about one-third of the PTSA's yearly revenue.
Your generous donation allows the Orca K-8 PTSA to provide the following for our children for the 2018-2019 academic year:
- Environmental education through the Orca Garden, a dedicated Garden Coordinator, and educational field trips through the Seward Park Audubon Nature Connection - $44,250
- Classroom, art & library supplies like paints, new books, and educational games - $13,500
- Presentation and communication skills for advocacy and self-expression through the We.App Elective for 4th-8th graders - $23,000
- Before and after school enrichment programs through Orca Plus - $9,000
- Individualized reading intervention and tutoring services - $10,000
- Intergenerational mentorship and service learning through the Bridging Wisdom Program, Rainier Food Bank, and Esperanza House - $10,000
- Race Forum, Social Justice & Inclusion Advocacy Committees - $4,500
Make a one-time donation or divide your donation into monthly installments.